All-Inclusive Jamaica Weddings
Jamaica is one of the most popular destinations for a Caribbean wedding for several reasons.
- One of the largest and closest islands in the Caribbean
- You have many flights to choose from and the flight prices are great
- Couples-only resorts, adults only resorts & resorts for all ages
- From affordable to luxury, Jamaica offers a great quantity of resort options
- Sun, fun, rum, reggae, jerk chicken, friendly people
- Great value destination
Getting married in Jamaica is easy. Do a little paper work. Show up 2 days before. Say I do.
The information below is provided by the Jamaica tourist board. Please keep in mind the resort you choose will have slightly different restrictions and fees. For example, you can officially be married in the Jamaica 24 hours after you arrive, but most resorts make you wait 48 hours.
Unlike many countries, the Jamaica does not require a blood test before getting married.
- Wedding application
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
Find more details:
Jamaica tourist board: http://www.visitjamaica.com/weddings-and-honeymoons
Negril has the best beaches and spectacular west coast sunsets.
Ocho Rios offers the most sightseeing options since it is close to the mountains and Dunn’s River Falls. This is the best location for you if you want to explore the island off property.
Montego Bay is closest to airport and centrally located, so you can easily explore the whole island.
Runaway Bay, between Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, is a little remote. Make sure you choose a resort worth running away to.
The southwest coast is a very natural and unspoiled part of Jamaica. You’ll be close to the Black River, YS Falls and secluded beaches.